Sunday, January 06, 2013

Little Guest Book

My sister and I combined our talents today to make a small Guest Book for our nephews 21st birthday.

The requested theme was vintage ...  I think we have achieved that?



We started with a Accordion style book


Sue covered both the front and back covers with vintage scrapbook paper.  Then using the big cropodile I punched the eyelet holes ... we used jumbo eyelets in this book, and they are a real challenge to install correctly.  Even though the eyelets themselves are jumbo, the throat section that goes through the cardboard is not.


From there it was easy, added a key embellishment and mounted the numbers onto card stock and corrugated card.

We kept the inside simple, so there would be plenty of room for the guests to write their greetings.  It is only going to be a small party with family and a few close friends therefore a bigger book was not required.  

After this photo was taken, we mounted my nephews name on the left hand side... forgot to take another photo




We used birthday rubons for the top of each page.

The next couple of photos are not great, however I wanted to show you the accordion style of the book.



 My nephews girlfriend was very happy with the result.  She was the one that requested the book, so we gave her a call to come and inspect and make any changes. 

The only change she requested was that we add the birthday quote rubons to the top of the pages on the backside.  Easy.

A lovely afternoon spent with my sister.  I left her printing verses for a 50th wedding anniversary for a card that has been commissioned.  I will try and see if I can get a photo before she delivers it.

On the weather front - yesterday at 5:00 pm it was officially 44.4 degrees and even at midnight it was still 37 degrees.

Not sure what the temperature is at the moment, but when I checked at 4:30 pm it was 43.7 degrees.  Way too hot!  Lot of bush fires have started in the area due to a large electrical storm last night.  
Unfortunately we are not predicted to have a change in the weather at all this week, and are on high alert for fires.

Take care
Judy



No comments:

Post a Comment