Saturday, November 03, 2012

Advent Ideas - Chocolate Bon Bons

I have started on the advent gifts for my friend, so hopefully over the next few days I will be able to show you what I have been making.  I know my friend visits my online store often, however I do not think she visits the blog.  Fingers crossed, that I can keep most of them a surprise for her.

I picked up three tubes of Smarties from our local discount store - they weigh 170g and measure approx 10" in length.  Only $3.00 a tube

 
I thought they would make great Christmas Chocolate Bon Bons.  So I wrapped them in Christmas scrapbook paper, then in cellophane paper.  Tied off each end with cute Christmas ribbons.  Then embellished  with things that I had on hand.
 
 
One of these will be going into into my friends Advent gifts.  One belongs to my sister, she was with me  when I purchased them, and the last one will be a spare Christmas Kris Kringle gift.
 
I have tried to take a close up photo, however as they were so long it was difficult, but hopefully you will be able to see how effective they are.
 
 
 
 
 
This would be a great idea for a Teacher gifts as well.  Quick, easy and inexpensive which we all love at this time of year. I think it is hard to find someone that does not like chocolate (I wish I didn't!)
 
Enjoy your weekend
Judy

3 comments:

  1. Pretty sweet, I know, very sick sense of humor. Seriously, a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a previous post you asked about small advent gift ideas, does she have a rice bag? how about a mug run from scraps,or a zip pouch from scrap or someone gave me a canning jar full of scraps with a pattern to make a scrap pillow cover or small wall hanging. There is always a holiday pin cushion or ornament. Years ago I made ornaments using the cathedral window pattern. Putting a picture of my friends grand children printed on fabric in the center.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous ideas Selina - the rice bag is a good idea, and I like the idea of the cathedral window ornament. She has hinted that she needs new decorations for her tree
      Judy

      Delete