Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Post-it Notes Covers - Revisited

Do you remember in November last year when I posted about some sticky-note covers I was making for gifts?  See original post here



While I was shopping last week, I came across some mini gel pens, and wondered if I could modify the covers to incorporate the pens.  What good is having post-it notes if you do not have a pen to write with?

After a small modification to the original measurements I was able to add a little holder on the side of the cover to slip the pen into.






The original measurements were to cut the card stock 3-1/4" x 7-3/4" and then score at 3-1/8",  3/8",   3-1/8", 3/8".

The new measurements are to cut the card stock 3-1/4" x 8" and then score at 3", 3/8", 2/8", 3-2/8", 3/8".   Notice then is a extra score line.... you will need to cut two slits just between the 3/8" and 2/8" score lines at approx 1-1/8" and then up another 1-1/8". This forms the little sleeve for the pen.

If anyone would like more detailed instructions, just leave a comment and I will try and explain in more detail, and with more step-by-step photos.  The original cover idea is not my own, I have just added the amendment for the pens.

I am trying to make some small gifts to sell on my stall at the Yanco Agricultural School Gala Day on Saturday March 24th. I will also be showcasing my online stores range of buttons. There will be an exhibition of quilts  in the beautiful McCaughey mansion, which is now used as the administration area for the school, so come along for a visit if you are in the area.

Until next time
Judy

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. They look super. I will definetly give this a try.

    ReplyDelete