Thursday, December 22, 2011

Last Minute Panic

Tomorrow was scheduled to be a cooking day, shop early and get stuck in ... you know what they say about the best laid plans .... yes, they come falling down.
I arrived home this evening to a message on my answering machine, telling me of a "emergency" power outage tomorrow from 9:00 am until 3:00 pm --- you are kidding me ... two days before Christmas?  Surely they could have planned that better ...   I have been grumbling for the last four hours ...

Unfortunately, grumbling does not change the fact that I will have no power tomorrow (or air conditioning), so a new schedule will need to be made.

Two days before Christmas, I could have handled it two weeks before ......

Bye from the grumbler lady ...
Judy

1 comment:

  1. I am so,so sorry to hear about your power issue. I am a glass half full kind of gal so I'll give you some of my upbeat thoughts.
    1. Take it as a Christmas gift. Think happy thoughts, take a nap and reset your day. Nap though the power outage and sew and cook either earlier or later. Or
    2. Set yourself up to do prep or hand work during the power outage.

    I'm sorry you just probably want a shoulder to lean on. You can use mine anytime.

    Do you have a tredle machine? I do but I don't think it actually works even if I knew how.

    I'll stop trying to cheer you now. Have a Very Merry Christmas no matter what. Selina

    ReplyDelete