Friday, October 21, 2011

I really am still here...

Truly, I have not disappeared off the face of the earth ... a lot of things have been happening in the background.

I have people to thank for gifts (thank you Selina), I will post photos of your generosity soon.
I have finished all the pink ribbon table decorations for our local Breast Cancer fundraising dinner which will be held next weekend (29th & 30th October) I will take photos at the event.

I had a trade table at a Cultural Festival last weekend, and have another one next weekend which is over two days.  Anyone that goes to markets, exhibitions etc know the amount of preparation work that is required.  One of my major problems is that because I sell mainly online, products do not need to be individually priced, as the prices are on the web, however when selling face-to-face my customers need to know the cost of each item when they look at them.  So .... I need to know what products I will take to each exhibition and ensure they are all priced ... yes that is what I am going to be doing this weekend!

I have been promising a pattern for the Snowman Flakes since August (it is coming Stella).  I have set myself a target to have this completed in the next two weeks.

I received a "Gear 2 Go" eBook Reader for my birthday, and after using it for a couple of weeks I am very happy with it.  It does not come with any "bells and whistles" just your basic reading function, which is all I wanted. Most of my books are either in pdf or epub format, and this device has not had any problems with opening or displaying them, however if you read some online forums, other customers are encountering problems with DRM supported files.  For a entry level eBook Reader it is a joy to have, very portable and easy to use.

Photo from Big W website
A Christmas market that I was going to attend next month, with a friend, has been cancelled.  Is this a sign of the times?  People are too busy or not interested?   I think in this case, it was about a change of committee for the group that was organising the event.  They were not willing to take on this event, this year...  oh well...

Until next time, from your "non crafting" blogging friend
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment