Saturday, August 20, 2011

To All A Goodnight

This is the name of a new pattern from The Olde Country Cupboard.  I had fun making it up today.  I stained a wooden crate that I had on hand to use as the bed.  Santa is sleeping soundly after reviewing his "nice" list.  One of his reindeers look on.  I have put a battery operated light at the base of the bed.  This can be turned on easily by twisting the top of the light.



The toy sack was stencilled with the word TOYS - this was the first time I used the stencil and I am delighted with the results.   The reindeer is freestanding, notice his cute stick legs, so he can be moved around.  Here he is looking at Santa from the base of the bed.



This photo is looking straight down on Santa, and you can see more detail on the reindeers face.


Only two more days before my friend Colleen goes home, and I will need to settle back into normal routine chores, eg NOT spending all my time in the studio.  It has been absolutely fantastic to get so many Christmas projects completed.  We are not finished yet, even though time is running out.

Hope you all have a great crafting weekend, no matter what the weather

Judy

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy - I love the little reindeer with his hessian blanket and Santa's hessian sack - do you sell hessian or know where I might buy some?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hessian is available in store .. please email me quantity required
    Judy

    ReplyDelete