Sunday, July 04, 2010

As planned!

It is not often that when I plan to do something on a particular day, it happens.  But today it did!
I spent the morning in the studio and then had time for a walk and household chores this afternoon. 
A Great Day! 
 
I made two hanging handtowels based on the instructions found here.  I changed it a little bit, by using my towel doubled for added volume.  I also surprised myself with how easy it was to make a buttonhole.  My Janome sewing machine is about 10 years old, and I was sure it had an automatic buttonhole function.  Found the book, and yes, there it was, and how simple to use.  (reminder to self, to find more projects using buttonholes).


Then as planned I made three bookmarks.  I will definitely be making more, as most of my family are avid readers, so this will be a gift that will be well received.  These are a good way to use up scraps, and I think a scrappy one is worth a try.  Hopefully they will not be too bulky to turn out and use.  These bookmarks were based on instructions found here


Now off to email Judith from Creative Studio to update my Early Bird Christmas Gift total.  What next, I hear you ask?  Well, I have been thinking of making some backpacks for my nieces and nephews?

Till next time
Judy



No comments:

Post a Comment